The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

Many consumers in Florida purchase “FULL” coverage for their automobiles. The problem is the legal definition of that word. Under Florida law, consumers are only legally required to have PIP (no-fault, Personal Injury Protection, for your own injuries and wage loss) and PD (Property Damage, if you damage someone else’s vehicle or property – not their bodies). If your car is damaged due to a Hurricane, Tropical Storm or other weather problems, your insurance company will not repair your car unless you have “Comprehensive” coverage. If you injure another person in the accident, and they have a “permanent” injury, and you do not have BI (bodily injury protection, for others) coverage, you can lose your license until you pay that person for their injuries. Call an experienced attorney in this area of the law to review your automobile insurance policy and coverage. “Full coverage” does not necessarily mean complete coverage, or enough to protect you and your Family’s income and assets.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest